Monday, August 20, 2012

Colour Assessment of Fabric Stash

24 Colour Assessment
Using 2 1/2" squares, I cut samples from all the fabrics in my stash that showed primarily as one colour. Using Joen Wolfrom's 3 in 1 Color Tool, I separated the fabric into 24 piles. The tool or a colour wheel really is necessary to identify the subtle colour variances. For instance, from the cool reds to the warm reds there is a range of 4 colours. Then each fabric pile was arranged from light to dark.

No surprise that there could be more lights and darks in my personal fabric stash. However, a couple of other very interesting things were identified. The blue, red and yellow colours were very limited. However there were lots of samples of blue-violet, magenta and the warm yellows.

Any ideas what I should do with the sampler now?