Sunday, April 21, 2013

Thread Sketched Birds



Textile Card: $9.95
Thread Sketched Crow on Hand dyed Fabric

Textile Card: $9.95
Thread Sketched Crow on Hand dyed Fabric
Thread sketching - What a fun week of sewing I have had. My hand dyed fabrics were brought out and my sketch books and photographs leafed through to try and match one to the other. The mind flies with the possibilities. Sometimes a fabric piece would stump me but eventually an idea came to mind such as with the fabric of the top photo. It turned out being my favorite thread sketched piece of the week.
Creston Card and Stationery, in Creston, B.C. carries my Textile Cards and there are new ones there as of last week. Quilt Canada, is in Penticton, http://cqaquiltcanada.blogspot.ca/ this May 16-18 and I will be selling cards there. My website is www.eileengidman.com  and I will be placing new work there too. Don't hesitate to contact me at egidman@kootenay.com if you are looking for a particular image.

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Love these cards, Eileen - the thread sketching is just amazing on those backgrounds!

HollyM said...

I really love the thread sketches of the crows! Almost makes me want to try some hand dyeing