Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sunlit Fireweed


Hand dye Painted Cotton Fabric: 'Sunlit Fireweed'
Fire weed is definitely in the top ten of my favorite wild flowers. There is a returning patch of fire weed on the edge of my yard which I weed and water as I like to paint them yearly. The grouping grows on a bank in front of a dark forest and if you are up early, the morning sun highlights the blossoms.
The following are two earlier versions of Fireweed painted on paper. These watercolour paintings were inspired on a trip to the Yukon and Alaska, where there are fields of fireweed. It overwhelmed me.
Fireweed inspired by a trip to Alaska.


Fireweed full of texture.

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

One of my favourite wildflowers; the colour just makes my heart sing. These are lovely, lovely, lovely Eileen!

HollyM said...

I love the fireweed too! We get it here.the painting on fabric with the dye is so rich!