Monday, October 15, 2012

Paint Out: Painting Started

Paint Out: Painting Started
Painting on location on a rainy fall day with a dozen or more other artists, life doesn't get much better than that. Well maybe it didn't need to be quite so chilly. 
This watercolour needs some final touchs in the studio, but one artist had a great suggestion of just turning our paintings to the wall for a few days. Then when you go back you are looking with fresh eyes. I know for sure something will have to be done with the four evenly sized and evenly spaced trees on the left. Sentinels protecting the rest of the painting isn't quite the look I was going for.
LOOKING FOR A NAME:
As this seems to be the format I seem keen to use this year, several related watercolour sketches on one panel, I have decided to call this format a series and I am now looking for a name. If you have any ideas, send them my way. 

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

You had a lot of fun there, I can tell, in spite of the cold and rain.

How about the Vignette Series - they are such lovely little 'snippets' together.

Laura Leeder said...

Eileen, these are great. I like Win's suggestion of Vignettes for a title.

Vignettes Of The Creston Valley?