Sunday, August 9, 2020

Textile Art on Small Tote Bags


Textile Art Tote Bag (sold)
by Eileen Gidman

Some new textile art coming out of my studio. They are currently available at Cresteramics Gift Store in Creston, BC and by emailing me at egidman@kootenay.com or private message through Facebook

A small tote bag is very versatile! Here are some things people have told me they are using their bags for:
  • snacks
  • mask and hand sanitizer
  • a book
  • knitting
  • sketchbook
  • water bottle
  • Ipad
  • sudoko puzzle book
  • snacks for birds
  • gift giving
These small and light tote bags are decorated with hand painted (with dyes) textile art making them all original. Yes and they are also washable.

There are many, many patterns for tote bags and I have previously made ones using larger pieces of textile art but I think what makes this tote bag unique, other than the artwork, is the fact that it is so light. It is not made for heavy items being one layer of material but when one only needs to carry a few little things and lately that seems like it is always the case, it feels great to be toting only a small bag.

Chickadee Small Tote
Sold


Small tote sewn from batik fabric and decorated with a hand painted landscape.


A friendly bear walking in a flower filled meadow.


Fireweed decorated small tote.


1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

How did I miss this post? I am, as you know, SO much in love with these bags. I get such delight heading out for sketching these days with my wonderful bag filled with pencils, sketchbook and art eraser. I feel I look like a real pro!!! <3