A NEW SERIES!
|'Carol & Sue'|
- Sketching one of the artists at a weekly sketching session in the fall.
- The interest of a student, from the Friday watercolour group, in drawing figures.
- Looking through my sketch pad and adding the chicken to the watercolour sketch done several months earlier. Choosing the chicken to reflect the model's love of her farm.
- My friend wearing some beautifully flowered rubber boots to an art show we went to this fall. Loved those boots.
- A fellow quilter sharing some very small print fabric with me two weeks ago after I exclaimed over it.
- Recently thread sketching on some textile cards got me excited about creating in thread again.
- A desire to create some larger textile pieces.
|The watercolour sketch upside down as I follow along as I thread sketch with my machine.|
|Watercolour sketch (left) that inspired the textile art. Oops, too much thread to the upper lip looks like a moustache and that chicken is a bit fat.|
|Chicken slimmed down.|
|Mouth fixed and background stitching added in white thread.|