Sunday, April 19, 2015

Creston Quilt Show

Creston Valley Quilters' Guild Show


What a successful quilt show this was on Friday and Saturday. This post will mostly be photos as I am rather spent from all the organizing that goes around getting to a show. Thank you Creston, Nelson, Moyie, Cranbrook, Kimberley, Idaho, Kootenay Lake residents for all the support you give me by visiting my booth and by buying my hand (dye) painted fabrics.
Stephanie Longpre (right) drawing the winning name for my free draw of a mug rug with hand painted fabric, textile card, artisan button card and package of hand painted fabrics. Stephanie was the event organizer and she did a fantastic job. One of her plans is to be an event planner for weddings. She will be great at it I am sure. Thank you Stephanie for your hard work organizing the show.

My booth of hand (dye) painted fabrics, textile cards, artisan button cards, mug rugs, and artisan pillows.

A few hand painted fat quarters. Win Dinn's mandala colouring book which can be ordered online here: http://windinnart.blogspot.ca/p/color-me-up.html

 Some of the Entries in the Quilt Show

 


This photo is especially for my friend Patty who also loves to use striped material.

This complicated colour combination delighted me.



The Quilt Group Challenge

Samples from the Quilt Group Challenge

Vendor's at a show develop a special connection and I met some lovely people this weekend. Here is one of the other Vendor's booths. Keith and Carol Kepke's sell precision wood crafted items for quilters. See you at the Canmore Show.





I love calendar pictures. One person did all these!

Wow what a wonderful organization that donates quilts for children. Take a look at that total.

Self portraits

The winner of viewer's choice. Such talent!

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What wonderful photos of a terrific event, Eileen. It was great to see these pieces again, as well as your booth.

Laura Leeder said...

Eileen, thank you for posting all these lovely photos. Your booth looks both colorful and very professional. Congratulations on a successful show!