Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Painting on the Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers


Sketching while sitting in an outdoor café in Bamberg, Bavaria, Germany

Painting while going through the Randersacker Lock on the River Main, Germany
Watercolour sketches can capture a moment in time, I think, especially when having the opportunity to paint them on location. I had so much fun painting on this trip. Now looking at the quick paintings, I can remember what I was experiencing with some of my other senses. Hopefully it is the same for you. It was warmer the day I sketched the building in Bamberg than when I painted the vineyards. I think the colours chosen reflect that even though it was done unintentionally.
 
Check back later this week for more watercolour sketches/paintings of the  trip on the Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers. For those of you I met on this journey feel free to copy the paintings to your computer as long as you note myself, Eileen Gidman as the painter. For everyone else, enjoy the paintings and I hope it encourages you to take the trip.

1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wonderful to see these sketches, Eileen...they're delightful!