For information on making the botanical mono print below, click here .
|Mono printing with a Gelli Plate onto hard press 90 lb watercolour paper using acrylic paint as the print medium. This is the mono print I used.|
I enjoyed the mixed media play time using a mono print to paint on with watercolour. Again, the Gelli Plate mono prints was made with acrylic as the printing medium. Glazing medium thinned the acrylic paint.
The pros I found were:
- the first layer stayed put
- lots of texture could easily be achieved with the monoprint
- it was fun to negative paint around this texture and create new shapes
The cons I found were:
- the piece was rather dark and I had no way of lightening it up without adding additional mediums such as gauche or acrylic paint
- I had to work within the composition of the mono print