Friday, September 5, 2014

Baby Book with Textile Art

Baby Book:  I looked to see what I had for hand painted textiles that a toddler might like. These brightly coloured fruit might work. I've edged them in some fun commercial textile and I am in the process of free motion quilting the layers together. I am a bit puzzled as to how to quilt the front and back layers together as they both contain pictures. Next post I'll let you know what I have come up with.
Low immersion dyed baby 'onesies' are cute! You'll have to wait for the next post as they are in the washer rinsing. 

This is as far as I've gotten on the baby book.

Cotton natural batting for between the pages.
  
Adding fun fabrics for edgings
 

Free motion stitching details.

Free motion stitching: I've sewn 1000 meters this summer!

'Creston Valley Fruit and Berry Series'
Core Matters: Farm and Food Art Show
9 artists
 Creston Chamber of Commerce, Sept 4 - Oct 3, Mon - Fri 9-5.
Opening reception Tuesday Sept 9th from 7 - 8:30pm
Yesterday looking at the paintings of the other artists, I was astounded at the fine quality of the art work. Also the subject matter is a tribute to the finest of living in the Creston Valley and I am very proud to be in this art show. Please come to the opening reception if you are able to.

Hiking with friends in the mountains. Life can't get much better than that!

A hidden gem of a lake in the mountains of the Kootenays

10 min sketch at the lake. A sketch brings back so many more memories than a photo for me. I will have to add colour in the studio.

1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...


What a fabulous post, Eileen - love the baby's book, and can't wait to see what you're doing with the onesies!