Although an artist's week often isn't predictable, here is one recent week's schedule.
- Schedule art making for the week.
- Sew 2 'mugrugs' for an upcoming Bird Festival (donation). Not having sewn one for awhile, yes it took me most of the day.
- Package 'mugrugs' and contact Bird Festival committee member.
- Sew 4 mini textile cards.
- Start sewing regular sized textile cards, then the power went out due to a wind storm.
- Heard one of my textile cards was purchased as a gift going to England! An artist often doesn't know who purchases their art but it is delightful when they do.
- Sew 12 bird cards.
- Post about bird art to social media. Bird art Post
- Sew 2 more bird cards and 8 floral cards.
- Shoot a video of thread sketching.
- Assemble picture mat materials.
- Attend a lesson on mat cutting in the afternoon.
- Shop at the Second Hand Store for a steamer to set in a large pot for silk painting steam setting. Purchased 4 decorative gold wire plate holders to use for displaying textile cards for sale.
- Sew 11 landscape cards.
- Edit and post social media video of textile sketching. Reel of Thread Sketching
- Practice mat cutting on my own mat cutter.
- Sew one more landscape card to make 2 dozen competed this week.
- Clean studio table of sewing machine and textile cards.
- Frame 2 watercolour paintings. Unframe one of them twice, once for a fleck and once to re-center the mat.
- Write out framing directions learnt on Thursday.
- Put away mat cutter, mat pieces, frame pieces and hardware.