Saturday, November 24, 2012

Waves

'Waves' Hand painted fat quarter
With a fresh batch of fibre reactive dyes and 10 yards of fabric to dye, I got started in the dye studio after a few weeks off. I started painting 8 fat quarts with various fabric designs. The hand painting was done with thickened dye, some with liquid dye concentrates, and some with both. Several will require a second layer after this first one cures.
Fabric with a water motif is difficult to come by so I thought I would try a wavy sea. It almost makes one motion-sick to look at it so I guess I got the wavy part right.

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wow, that is richly coloured, Eileen - you got off to a great start after being away from your dyes. Luscious!

Laura Leeder said...

You certainly did Eileen! I can't wait to see what you do next...