Sunday, July 6, 2014

Two Textile Commissions To Their New Homes

If you think this is a 'mug rug', you would be wrong!
Check out the last picture of this post to see what one lady commissioned.

Quilted 7 X 9" mat. One option for the commissioned piece.

Red! I must paint more reds is what I learnt from doing the following commission. That is such valuable information. Thank you. The new owner wrote: "I am blown away by these and cannot wait to frame them.. Thank you so much...Wow you did a perfect job. I love them".  That was lovely to hear!
Commission of three pieces of textile art: 'Red Art'. They will be framed and hung together.
 
New material ready for thread sketching and then making into??? What am I going to do with that orange, blue and brown piece (upper middle)? I'd be happy to hear some ideas.

This afternoon I pressed these 4 1/2" X 6 1/2" pieces of hand painted textiles onto interfacing in preparation for free motion stitching.

The buyer chose this piece for her commissioned 'Glasses Mat' (somewhere to rest glasses at night). The teal colour was chosen to match summer curtains. For contrast the golden yellow and red add warmth and interest. I'm glad she liked the red free motion stitching on the poppies.

We are enjoying lovely summer weather where I live and this is what is blooming in our yard right now. Yes cactus can grow in Canada!

3 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That 'Glasses Mat' is just gorgeous, Eileen...I've got mat envy now!

Laura Leeder said...

Congratulations Eileen, it's a beautiful piece!

HollyM said...

Wow, that red is gorgeous! I love the glasses mat too. Striking.