Thursday, July 22, 2021

Teal

All things teal coloured currently in my studio. Is it a summer colour?

Textile Art Tote Bag


I found this lovely teal batik at the Sew Peachy Sewing Studio in Creston, BC. It made up so nicely into these two textile art tote bags. The fine weave of batiks makes for a light unlined bag that's easy to carry with you. 

Hydrangea 

The hand painted hydrangea was dyed 3 times. First, was a low immersion dye with light blues and purples. The second time, light blue green was added for leaves. That didn't quite seem like enough so I soda-soaked the material again and did a negative painting technique around the plant leaving the piece so much richer looking.

Drawstring Lined Bag

This rayon piece of fabric was inspired after visiting a turquoise mine.


Lighthouse on Kootenay Lake

Hand (dye) painting large pieces of fabric with sky colours can lead to such creativity. Once the background is done, there are so many directions one can go with each 5 X 7" textile card top.


Dark Teal Sewn into a Summer Top

The perfect buttons were found in my upcycle button box for this sewn summer top.


Yarrow Experimentation

There is only one 5 X 7" piece left of this strip of rayon that I painted some time ago. It has been very versatile so I am keeping this one for a sample for future dye painting.

 

Leaf Drawstring Bag

The hand painted art piece was stamped onto unbleached cotton material some time ago. Recently, when I was sewing some gift bags I incorporated into this lined drawstring bag.  



1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

You know how much I love your bags, and each one of these is just a knockout. I'm particularly loving that leaf print in the last photo, and your summer top looks lovely and cool. I do like the colour of the hydrangea on that turquoise too! Turquoise is such a versatile colour and seems to work with so many others - cooperation to the max, I'd say! ;-)