Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Watercolour: Kaslo Series


Kaslo Series: Title???
watercolour by me, Eileen Gidman
7 1/2" x 11"
contact me at egidman@kootenay.com for purchase information
The fruit tree blossoms are always so jaw dropping gorgeous in the Kootenays at time of year. Kaslo, is a little gem on Kootenay Lake and as we were driving north from the village, last year in May, I called out to my husband to stop. I just had to spend a few minutes there soaking up the scene for future painting. An artist doesn't just use their sense of sight when developing a painting. I can still sense the aloneness on this quiet highway and feel the warmth of that spring day. I wish you could have been there as it was breath taking.

It's funny I didn't think to paint the scene this winter but when blossom time rolled around again, my thoughts returned to those memories and I felt compelled to put brush to paper. 
 
'Kootenay Lodge and Farm' is an obvious choice for a title, but I wonder what the name of that mountain is? Do any of you a suggestion for a title?
 

4 comments:

Laura Leeder said...

I don't have a title in mind, just wanted to say how beautiful your painting is. Spring in the Kootenays is awesome!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wow - what a gorgeous painting, Eileen. It fairly sings the season!

Unknown said...

What came to my mind was "Snowcaps & Blossoms", actually 'Snowcapped Blossoms" but that doesn't really make sense, does it? Absolutely love the bold, blue colour you used for the background-actually reminded me of those Arizona skies.

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Betty, that would be a good title. I am thinking this would be a nice scene to try on cotton fabric, painting with dyes.