Thursday, April 23, 2015

Quilt Show from my Winter Group

Here is a few quilts from the Quilt Show I was in this winter. We have some excellent quilters in our group. I am much a beginner and I am thankful members are so willing to share there knowledge with me.
Three of my mini quilts with fruit hand painted pieces.
'Carol and Sue' raw edge applique and free motion thread sketching.
 A sketch I did of Carol in the studio. The farm scene was added after.
 This is the sketch that inspired the textile art piece 'Carol and Sue' which is shown in the photo above and below.

Two 'Barn Series' mini quilts of mine.

Original Design by C. C.

Don't you love the pieced sashing by J. W.

P. B's quilt. When you look at this quilt awhile, you see circles even though there are no curved pieces in it.

Wall Hangings

One of my hand painted panels made into a wall hanging by C. K.
 
S. A. bought these quilt blocks at a yard sale, added the sashing and had it hand quilted.

I can see why this viewer was attracted to A. J.'s black, white and red quilt, can you?

Made with 'Crown Royal' bags by C. K. Did you know that you can actually buy this bag from the company?

Quilt's for Charity


2 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fabulous variety of quilts, Eileen - it must have been a marvelous show. It would be difficult indeed to choose a favourite from those lovely examples.

Unknown said...

Can you tell me who won the Raffle quilt? I could not make it to the BBQ for the draw.