Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fernie, BC Art Show

On the Wall - Off the Wall
 
The last days are always chaotic getting ready for a show. This week I've been thread sketching 30 textile cards to take to the show 'On the Wall-Off the Wall'. You may not know it but that is a lot. In Yoga last night I noticed my knee was sore probably from running the foot petal through those miles of thread! Who knew this could even happen?  
Here are my favorites. Do you have a favorite?
 
 
 

If you are near Fernie, BC, please come and check out the new show coming to Arts Station Gallery.



On the Wall - Off the Wall

works in Mixed Media, Textiles & Water Colours
by Win Dinn, Eileen Gidman & Laura Leeder


Opening Reception: Thursday, May 28 from 7 to 9 p.m.
Exhibit Continues Until: Tuesday, June 23

Win Dinn constantly experiment with techniques, following the 'What if's'. Her paintings are
colourful, rich with texture and layers, and range from the whimsical to the deep. She believes
that in mixed media, as in life, there are no mistakes; there are only opportunities to move in a
new direction. Find out more at
http://windinnart.blogspot.ca/.

As a watercolour and textile artist who likes to paint from life, Eileen Gidman enjoys creating
vignettes that tell a story. She feels at peace in the natural environment and her art subjects
are often of that world, whether landscapes, botanicals or birds.
Her work is available on
http://www.eileengidman.com/ or follow her
on
http://eileengidman.blogspot.ca/.

Laura Leeder's paintings have become a way to celebrate the beauty of the Creston
Valley. By combining the local produce with vintage teacups, porcelain,
lace and local pottery she creates paintings that are both timeless and serene.
Her most recognizable paintings are of the teacup series. She painted many
of the pieces in this series for the Creston Museum annual fundraiser tea.
Find her work at:
http://www.lauraleeder.blogspot.ca/
and http://www.lauraleeder.com/
As I am sure most of you won't be able to attend so I will try to remember my camera and I will try to remember to take some photos to post later. When I am in the spirit of a show opening, I find it hard to remember to do these things but I will try.

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Loving that pink floral one, Eileen- you know I'm a sucker for flowers! Very much looking forward to our show opening together.

Laura Leeder said...

I love the colour and texture in all of them, but, my favorite (no surprise here) is the floral with the dragonfly a close second. I'm looking forward to a fun trip to Fernie and a wonderful show, see you there!